* You look at a movie trailer and think, “I have that font.“
*You google someone’s full name to get the goods on him/her. (This is courtesy of ajay.)
* You know you are a geek when you set up an automatic rerouting of your e-mail to your MMS celphone.
* You are a geek when you get sudden attacks of bittersweet nostalgic feelings when thinking about your long-lost old Commodore 64, Sinclair ZX-81, TRS-80 (or whatever hardware you were raised on), and use large amounts of money/time trying to track one down.
* You realize you never cook, eating only take-away pizza.
* You check your website/blog more than twice a day.
* You seriously consider devoting a web page to your computer. (Not the brand, mind you, but the actual computer itself)
* You have more e-mail addresses than you do pairs of shoes.
* You get depressed when you get less than 10 e-mail msgs a day.
* You have a roomfull of branded desktop PC’s at your disposal but you’re lusting after a Mac Mini.
* You start getting paranoid you aren’t getting all your e-mail. (If you have sent me e-mail, and there seems to be no life from me, try again.)
* Someone asks you what languages you know, and you reply English, French, Tagalog and C.
* Sleep and nightime are no longer irrevocably linked.
* You arrange to get e-mail access no matter where you go.
* You hear the word “Scuzzy” and the first thing you think of is not an adjective.
* You went to a high school where the only team with a winning record was the Chess team.
* You rig up elaborate mechanisms to do really basic tasks.
* You get REALLY excited when people from countries with limited access to the ‘net are frequent visitors to your pages.
* You don’t hand in final papers unless they’ve been formatted on a desktop publishing program.
* You write web pages about your web pages.
* You can remember your web address faster than your phone number.
* You’ll spend a long time customizing a computer you’ll use for one day to the absolute pinacle of comfort, but you won’t bother to spend two hours sewing up a skirt, and wear the damn thing sarong style.
* You do your best work after 11 p.m.
* You work in a building where you need a badge to move between floors.
* You can count the number of moderately good hacker/computer dude type films on one hand.
* You’ve bought one of those license plate holders on which you can have your URL embossed.
* You head straight past People and the always fabulous Cosmopolitan for this month’s Computer Shopper.
* You can track the geek gene through your family tree.
* Not only is your computer in the centre of your room, it’s set up so as allow ‘netting from your couch, as well as your desk chair.
* You arrange your jobs so you can telecommute.
* You organise your CDs, so the tops all face upward, alphabetically, or by record label (If you do more than one of these, you are an Anal-Retentive Geek).
* You carry blank recordable CDs or flashdrives to and from work.
* You plot to get your grandmother on E-mail.
AND last but not least . . .
* You think Hugh Jackman playing a hacker on Swordfish is the most ludicrous piece of casting ever made in Hollywood.
(List shamelessly lifted from Joke-Archives.com with a few modifications by moi.)