PC World Techlog teaches us how to get a hold of YahooMail’s nifty drag-n-drop new look, with a hint on how to get it in case you didn’t get an invitation — yes, you need one of those tiresome things — but there’s a way around it as Harry McCracken tells us.
Here’s the process in a nutshell, assuming you already have a Yahoo Mail account and are logged in:
1. Click on Options on the right-hand side of the screen.
2. Click on Account Information on the left-hand side.
3. If you’re prompted for your password again, give it.
4. Click the Edit link next to Member Information.
5. Scroll down to “Preferred Content” and click on your current choice (which, if you’re reading this, is most likely English). On the next page, change it to Yahoo United Kingdom, Yahoo France, or Yahoo Germany. Click Finished on this screen, then back on the previous screen click Finished again.
6. On the next screen, you should have an invitation to try the beta–click on it, and you’re good to go. And you can go back and change your Preferred Content back to whatever it was in the first place.
*bambit’s expanded note, as this may not have been clear to some